Interested in CEs?
One hour of Continuing Education credit is available through HFA's CE processing site for the boards listed below (completely free of charge) for HFA's Understanding Hospice, Hospice Volunteers, Addressing Cultural Diversity in Hospice Care, Veterans and End-of-Life Care, Hospice in Rural America, Coping with Cancer at the End of Life, and Alzheimer's Disease programs. In addition, 0.5 contact hour will be awarded for the Aging and End-of-Life Challenges in the LGBT Community program except where noted. Note: The CE codes are available at the end of the programs. An examination and evaluation are required.
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). HFA is recognized by NBCC to provide continuing education for nationally certified counselors. We adhere to NBCC continuing education guidelines.
- American Institute for Health Care Professionals, Inc. (*This board is only available for Understanding Hospice, Coping with Cancer at the End-of-Life Care, and Aging and End-of-Life Care in the LGBT Community, approved until May, 2015)
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB). Recognized by AK, Alberta, AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IN, IA, KY, MD, MA, MS, MT, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, VI, WA, WI, WY
- AR, ID, KS, ME, MO, NE, NV, UT, do not pre-approve programs; an ASWB certificate may be submitted to the board
This project is provided through the support of a grant from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to support hospice and end-of-life care outreach and education.
CMS funds of $571,000 with HFA in-kind services of $5,710 are funding a variety of outreach and educational programs.